A diploma in Engineering (Polytechnic) teaches you to to deal with the basic and core competencies of different engineering fields and it requires three years to complete this degree. The most popular fields in engineering include computer science engineering, electronics and communication engineering, mechanical engineering, information technology, computer science, electrical engineering, civil engineering, etc. Once the candidates complete their 10th standard, with chemistry, physics, and mathematics as a part of their subjects which they have studied in class 10. Students can pursue a diploma in Polytechnic Engineering Students who wish to pursue their career in polytechnic diploma in engineering can either sit for an entrance exam that is conducted by various state education boards or an entrance test that any University wants to conduct.
Diploma in Engineering (Polytechnic) Eligibility Criteria
Admission Conducting authorities have already set minimum eligibility criteria for students who want to do Diploma in Engineering (Polytechnic). Certain prerequisites are needed for students to follow which include:-
- A student should have completed his/her class 10 with a minimum of at least 50% aggregate marks from main subjects which include physics, chemistry, and mathematics
- A student should have successfully filled out the entire application form and deposited the application fee.
- A student should have been given any entrance exam in this field should clear the exam with the cut-off marks or percentages required by different Universities for different entrance exams.
- A student should at least have attained the age of 15 or more while applying for admission.
Diploma in Engineering (Polytechnic) Entrance Exam
A diploma in Engineering (Polytechnic) is a degree program that is usually pursued by students after they have completed their class 10 or class 12. However, one must note that if they wish to pursue their career in polytechnic engineering and want to go to the top colleges, they have to clear certain e trance exams for getting into this course. The complete list of the most popular entrance exams for the Diploma in Engineering is given below:-
- Delhi CET – Delhi CET is a state-level prominent entrance exam that can provide admissions for Diplomas in Engineering (Polytechnic) in various colleges. This is conducted in offline mode and the duration of the exam is 2 hours and 30 minutes.
- AP POLYCET – AP POLYCET is also a state-level entrance examination for the Diploma in Engineering (Polytechnic) which is conducted by the State Board of Technical Education and Training, Vijayawada. This exam is very important for students who want to study Diploma in Engineering from the top government colleges in India which are providing this course.
- JEECUP – Joint Entrance Examination Council of Uttar Pradesh conducts the JEECUP national-level examination for admission into top diploma courses in engineering colleges. It is conducted in online mode.
Diploma in Engineering (Polytechnic) Skills
There are certain skills that one needs to have or should develop over time to master this course and reach top career heights. Candidates having these skills can get an extra edge over their competitors and can help them to earn and grow better and faster. Also, note that these skills can vary in terms of importance depending on the different specializations you opt for. So the skills that help you excel in the field of engineering are:-
- Basics of Machine Learning
- Programming skills
- Analytical skills
- Strong Data structure
- Algorithm skills
- Basics of security
- Basic web development
Diploma in Engineering (Polytechnic) Average Fees
The fee structure highly depends on the type of college you opt for and every institution have its own fee structure, Government colleges generally has lower to medium fee structure while Private college has expensive fees structure. Overall on average, you can estimate a fee of INR 50,000 to INR 4 Lakhs for the entire duration.
Diploma in Engineering (Polytechnic) Scope and Importance
In the current scenario and the future, there is a huge scope in the engineering field. As there is a constant and rapid change in the sustainability of the environment, demand for new technologies are rising to overcome hurdles and improve the life of Human. This development is taking place in every specialization of engineering. A diploma in Engineering provides lucrative specializations and career options that can provide good career growth and development in the future.
Diploma in Engineering (Polytechnic) Top Colleges
Choosing the right college is very necessary while pursuing any course. Therefore you should be well aware of all the top colleges that are offering this course to take admission into your dream college. So here is a list of top colleges that provides a Diploma in Engineering.
- Diploma in Engineering College, Bangalore
- Diploma in Engineering College, Hyderabad
- Diploma in Engineering College, Pune
- Diploma in Engineering College, Bhopal
- Diploma in Engineering College, Jaipur
Diploma in Engineering (Polytechnic) Top Recruiters
It is very fascinating to know about the top companies whom you would be working with after completing Diploma in Engineering. Some of the top companies which is a dream company for many engineers is-
- TATA Consultancy
Diploma in Engineering Polytechnic Salary
The salary that one can get depends on various factors like the type of specialization a student opts for, the skills and knowledge one have in that particular field, interest in this field, etc. If you have desired skills and a good college then there is a high chance that you will make great money after working in these top companies with this engineering degree. On average you can find that student with 0-1 years of experience gets an average salary of INR 25,000 per month, 1-3 years can get around INR 40,000 per month and students with more than 5 years of experience can get around INR 75,000 per month.
If you have any suggestions regarding this article then you can leave your suggestion in the comment box.
Is a Polytechnic diploma in Engineering a good career option to choose?
Yes, a Polytechnic diploma in Engineering is a good career option to opt for due to its highly demanding specialization and scope.
What is the highest package of polytechnic in Jharkhand?
The highest package of polytechnic in Jharkhand is close to INR 2.34 LPA.
Which Polytechnic is best for the future?
Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Chemical Engineering, and automobile engineering are best for the future.
Does a Diploma have value?
Yes, Diploma has valued as much as a degree for people with niche specialization and practical knowledge.
Can I do BTech after Polytechnic?
Yes, we can pursue BTech after Polytechnic according to the new guidelines of AICTE.
Who can pursue Diploma in Engineering (Polytechnic)?
Students who have completed their class 10 or class 12 from a recognized board can apply for Diploma in Engineering (Polytechnic)