Introduction of IGNOU
IGNOU (Indira Gandhi National Open University) is located in New Delhi, India, named after India’s former PM, Indira Gandhi. IGNOU was established under the Indira Gandhi National Open University Act, 1985. Moreover, at the current time, IGNOU is considered the largest University in the world, with a total active Enrollment of 4 million students. This University provides more the 200 certificates, diplomas, doctoral programs, undergraduate and Post Graduate degrees. Furthermore, it has 21 schools of studies and 67 regional centers in India.
If you too want to study in this renamed college, you need to know certain things. If you are not aware of them, then don’t worry. We are here to guide you with the complete procedure of taking admission to IGNOU in 2021. Here is everything you need to know about IGNOU 2021.
IGNOU December 2020 Result Declared Now. Scroll below for the Link.
IGNOU January 2021 Re-Registration Form Released Now. Scroll below for the Link.
How to take Admission in IGNOU
There are two admission sessions of IGNOU yearly. The first session is in January and the second in July. The admission pattern in IGNOU varies with the course accordingly. For some courses, you have to attend the entrance exam. On the contrary, for other courses, admission is given based on marks obtained in the qualifying degree. Relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks is provided to the SC/ST/PD candidates.
Application Form for Admission
Candidates have to fill up the application form to apply for admission to University. The application form can be accessed through the official site of IGNOU.
You can fill-up the form yourself or through a cyber-café. Make sure to keep the necessary documents required to fill the application form. Here is the list of all the required documents for the IGNOU application form:
- Government-approved ID
- Passport Size photograph.
- Academic certificates (10, 10+2, or UG)
- Birth Certificate.
Follow the steps given below to fill up the application form.
- Go to the official website and click on ‘Register Online.’
- Fill up the details, ask, and submit all the required documents.
- Pay the admission fees with your preferable online payment method.
- The form will be submitted as soon as the candidate pays the fee.
- An acknowledgment slip will be generated. Make sure to save or print your application form.
The Re-Registration process for January 2021 session has started for IGNOU. Re-Registration is available for those students who already have enrolled for more than one year and above by taking admission in IGNOU. Fortunately, online Re-registration is also available for international students. Previously, international students had to follow the offline re-registration process.
Click Here to Re-Register yourself in January 2021 Session.
Necessary details for IGNOU Re-Registration Process
- Mobile Number
- Enrollment number of the student
- Email address
Step for Re-Registration process (New Student Registration)
- Go to the official website and click on Re-Registration.
- Click on ‘New- Registration’
- Select your program
- Enter your enrollment number, solve the captcha code, and click on submit.
After successful registration, you can follow the given steps to complete the Re-Registration process.
- Go to the Re-registration link.
- Click on the checkbox and then to the re-registration button.
- Enter your Enrollment no, solve the captcha code and click on submit
- Fill in the required details
- Pay the fees, and the candidate will be re-registered successfully.
Courses of IGNOU
This university provides several UG and PG courses. Students with Science, humanities, or Commerce background can get suitable courses in IGNOU. Some of the famous courses and their eligibility are:
- BA (Hindi, Urdu, English, Sanskrit, Tourism Studies) Eligibility: 10+2 or BPP from IGNOU Eligibility: 10+2
- BCA Eligibility: 10+2
- M.Com Eligibility: Graduate from a recognized university. Bachelor’s degree in the related Niche from a recognized university
- MCA Eligibility: Graduation from a recognized university with mathematics as a subject.
- MA Eligibility: Bachelor’s degree in the related Niche from a recognized university.
After successful admission to IGNOU, candidates have to complete assignments related to their course. In order to do so, you have to download assignment questions for the selected program. Moreover, candidates have to submit assignments before the due date else they won’t be allowed to attend the end term examinations. To make solving assignments easier, candidates can access solved assignments. This will help them to give a good assignment at the examination center.
Because of the pandemic, the study material is not available offline. The students of IGNOU have access to online study material. The online study material can be accessed either through the eGyanKosh website or the e-content app of IGNOU (available on Play Store). e-Gyan Kosh is an initiative by IGNOU to encourage online education. You can also download these study materials.
Candidate must have their admit card in order to attend any upcoming examination conducted by IGNOU. Moreover, candidates won’t be allowed to attend exams without an admit card.
Click Here to Download Your December 2020 Session Hall Ticket.
The admit cards have been made available by IGNOU before 31st January 2021 for those students who have filled the examination form. Here are the steps you need to follow to download the admit card:
- Click on the entrance exam page.
- Enter your enrollment number, name, and DOB.
- Select your course and click on Submit
- You will be redirected to the admit card page, download it for future use.
The results of the end-term exams have finally been released by IGNOU. The result section includes the IGNOU term end and entrance test result. Follow the steps given below to check the result:
Click Here to Download Your December 2020 Session Result.
- Go to IGNOU’s official site and click on the link to IGNOU Result.
- This will direct you to the IGNOU results page.
- Enter your enrollment no. here.
- Click on Submit to see the complete result.
This result is a digital result and cannot be treated as a final result. However, a hard copy of this result can be shown as proof for further studies. Furthermore, if a candidate is not satisfied with the result, he/she can apply for revaluation before the last date.
If you have any suggestions regarding this article then you can leave your suggestion in the comment box.