Physical education has gained a lot of [popularity nowadays. It plays a vital role in the holistic development of an individual. These courses will equip you with the necessary skills, techniques, and knowledge that are required to ace this field. It is very beneficial not only from a career point of view but also for overall health and maintenance as it has a diverse range of physical activities, concepts, and skills that enhances overall physical fitness. These courses contain a perfect blend of sports, physical fitness, and exercise which help you to stay healthy both physically and mentally.
This would not only help in improving flexibility, fitness, strength, and coordination but also plays a major role invaluable skills such as leadership, teamwork, discipline, and communication. Students learn physical education from a very young age in their school curriculum. After completion of physical education at the school level, if you feel that you are having a good interest in that domain, you can opt for higher studies, and delve into areas such as biomechanics, sports science, sports psychology, and exercise physiology. One of the major benefits of choosing PE as a career path is that it improves cognitive function, enhances mood, reduces stress, and boosts self-esteem. These courses also contribute to the prevention of health-related issues such as obesity.
Physical Education Courses Benefits
There are various benefits that are associated with the Profession related to Physical Education. Some of the major benefits are as follows:-
- Skill Development
- Problem-solving ability
- Lucrative Career opportunities
- Enhances physical fitness
- Knowledge of anatomy and physiology
- Communication skills
- Networking opportunities
- Personal growth
- Research and innovation in the sports field
- Community engagement
- Mental well being
- Contribution to society
- Teamwork and collaboration
Physical Education Courses Necessary Skills
Every profession needs some basic important skill sets that are required to get onto the top of that field. Some students have some of these skills before the course, while some people develop these skills gradually during the course or with experience. The below-mentioned table highlights the most important skills that are required to become a successful career in the Physical Education domain.
|Discipline and Time management||Motor skills|
|Leadership skills||Communication skills|
|Problem-solving skills||Resilience and Perseverance|
Physical Education Courses Approx Fees
Multiple programs are offered under physical education at every level. You can choose either a diploma or certification course or a degree program such as an undergraduate degree or postgraduate degree. These courses are available at all levels, so whether you are a beginner, at a medium level, or want to explore advanced-level concepts, this course welcomes you. Below table will help you understand the fee structure of different kinds of courses related to Physical education.
|Type of course||Approx Fees|
|Certification courses||Depends on duration|
|Undergraduate courses||INR 10,000 to INR 50,000 per year for government colleges|
INR 50,000 to INR 1,50,000 per year for private colleges
|Postgraduate Courses||INR 15,000 to INR 1 lakh per year for government collegesINR 1 lakh to INR 3 Lakhs + per year for private colleges.|
Physical Education Courses Career Prospect
There are numerous carer options that you can opt for after completing Physical Education courses. Some of them are:-
- Sports Coach – They help athletes to improve their performance in a particular sport with proper strategy development and proper training and guidance.
- Sports Management – They are involved in marketing, facility management, planning, sports promotion activities, etc., and handle managerial and administrative tasks.
- Physical Education Teacher – They help students to get aware of the importance of physical activities and design and implement a physical education curriculum.
- Sports and exercise scientists – Their focus lies in the science behind exercise, physical activities, performance of an athlete, etc.
- Fitness trainer or instructor – Professionals working in health clubs, private studios, gyms, etc.
- A physical therapist or sports rehabilitation specialist – Helping athletes to recover from injuries, medical conditions, or surgery.
- Sports nutritionists – They are responsible for guiding athletes on nutrition and diet.
- Fitness entrepreneurs – They start their fitness-related start-ups like a gym or a personal training studio.
- Athletic Director – Oversees programs that are related to sports in schools and colleges.
- Sports journalists or broadcasters – They have a background in sports journalism and work for magazines or newspapers or on an online platform.
Physical Education Courses Approx Salary
Below table will help you understand the salary of different careers under physical education.
|Sports Coach||INR 15,000 per month to INR 60,000 per month|
|Sports and exercise scientist||INR 25,000 per month to INR 70,000 per month|
|Physical Education Teacher (school level)||INR 20,000 per month to INR 60,000 per month|
|Sports Nutritionist||INR 25,000 per month to INR 70,000 per month|
|Fitness Trainer or Instructor||INR 10,000 per month to INR 25,000 per month|
|Athletic Director||INR 30,000 per month to INR 1 Lakh per month|
|Physical Therapist or Sports Rehabilitation Specialist:||INR 25,000 per month to INR 70,p000 per month|
|Sports Management||INR 20,000 per month to INR 40,000 per month|
Physical Education Courses Top Colleges
These are the top colleges that provide Physical education courses.
- Lakshmibai National Institute of Physical Education (LNIPE), Gwalior:
- Amity School of Physical Education and Sports Sciences, Amity University
- Indira Gandhi Institute of Physical Education and Sports Sciences (IGIPESS), Delhi University:
- Netaji Subhas National Institute of Sports (NSNIS), Patiala:
- Annamalai University, Tamil Nadu:
- Punjab University, Chandigarh:
- Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi:
- University of Madras, Chennai:
- Maharashtra University of Health Sciences (MUHS), Nashik
- Maharashtra University of Health Sciences (MUHS), Nashik
If you have any suggestions regarding this article then you can leave your suggestion in the comment box.
FAQs on Physical Education Courses
Is physical education only about sports?
No, it contains a large variety of topics such as health education, exercise, active lifestyle, fitness training, etc.
Can I specialize in a specific area under physical education?
Yes, you can opt for a specialization like sports coaching, sports management, exercise science, etc.
Are there enough job opportunities in Physical Education?
Yes, there are various lucrative career options for Physical education courses.
Is physical education only for young students?
It is for all age groups. It can be in schools and colleges as well as in fitness programs for seniors and adults.
Do I need to be an athlete to study physical education?
No, you don’t need to be an athlete to study physical education.