Yoga Instructor courses will provide you necessary skills, techniques, and knowledge that are required to teach yoga effectively and efficiently. These courses will also help you to delve deep into ancient practices of yoga, and explore the physical, mental, and spiritual dimensions of yoga. These would help you in the holistic development of students with a perfect blend of theory as well as practical Training.
Those who wish to be certified yoga instructors and practise it as a full-time career or someone who wants to add a skill set are a perfect fit for this course. During the course, you would be getting knowledge from a wide array of topics. The curriculum is designed in such a way that it introduces the history and philosophy of yoga, the roots of yoga, etc. You would be having anatomy and physiology classes wherein you will build a strong understanding of the human body, postures, movements, etc. An additional benefit of this course is that it will give numerous physical and mental benefits to your body also and help you to stay healthy. There are numerous job opportunities in this industry, Freshers and Graduates can get work opportunities in fitness centres, yoga studios, wellness retreats, etc.
Benefits of Yoga Instructor
There are various benefits that are associated with the Yoga Instructor Profession. Some of the major benefits are as follows:-
- They are given a very lucrative salary which starts at approx INR 1.2 – 3 Lakhs per annum and increases more and more with your expertise and experience in this field.
- One of the advantages of a Yoga Instructor is Job security. The importance of yoga is rising day by day and gradually all schools are hiring a yoga teacher. There you can find excellent job satisfaction and security.
- This would also ensure that your health stays very well maintained.
Yoga Instructor Necessary Skills
Every profession needs some basic important skill sets that are required to get onto the top of that field. Some students have some of these skills prior to the course, while some people develop these skills gradually during the course or with experience. The below-mentioned table highlights the most important skills that are required to become a successful yoga instructor.
|Knowledge about Yoga||Problem-solving|
|Tech Literacy||Learning to Learn|
Yoga Instructor Career Prospect
After understanding the importance and benefits of being a Yoga Instructor, many of you may think what are various careers that we can opt for after completing this course. Some of the most prominent career choices that most students opt for are as follows:-
- Private Yoga Instructor – They are the one who generally helps clients to attain specific goals or needs and offer either small group sessions or one on one sessions to ensure personalised attention and instructions.
- Online Yoga Instructor – They use virtual classes for conducting Yoga sessions and may create tutorials or online courses.
- Yoga Studio Instructors – They start their career by teaching people at yoga studios. You have to guide students at different levels of yoga through different styles.
- Academics Institutions – They are the ones who conduct yoga classes for schools and colleges that offer yoga programs as a part of their physical education curriculum.
- Yoga Event Organizer – Their main work is to plan and host various yoga workshops, events, and retreats that can bring yoga practitioners and enthusiasts together.
- Yoga Author or Content Creator – If you are someone who is having a keen interest and understanding of yoga philosophy and practices, and are good at writing books or ebooks, this career is best for you.
- Holistic Wellness Coach – As a Holistic Wellness Coach, you can offer a wide range of services that can include meditation, nutrition guidance, stress management, etc.
- Yoga for Special Populations – You can specialise in teaching yoga to a particular type of population such as seniors, children, pregnant women, etc.
- Yoga Therapy Practitioners – They help people to deal with injuries.
Yoga Instructor Top Colleges and Fees
A good college plays a very important role in shaping the future of the student. There you can learn from peers and excellent teachers. You also get very good networking opportunities that would be very helpful not only during college but also lifelong. To help you in search of a good college, we have mentioned top colleges that offer short-term and long-term yoga instructor courses. Those colleges are as follows:-
|College Name||Approx Fees|
|Morarji Desai National Institute of Yoga (MDNIY), New Delhi:||INR 20,000 or more for short-term courses|
|Kaivalyadhama Yoga Institute, Lonavla:||INR 50,000 to INR 1,50,000+|
|SVYASA Yoga University, Bengaluru:||INR 40,000 to INR 1,00,000|
|Parmarth Niketan, Rishikesh:||INR 45,000 to INR 1,50,000+|
|Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Dhanwantari Ashram, Kerala:||INR 50,000 to INR 1,00,000|
|Ramamani Iyengar Memorial Yoga Institute (RIMYI), Pune:||INR 25,000 to INR 1,00,000+|
|The Yoga Institute, Mumbai:||INR 25,000 to INR 50,000|
|Himalayan Institute of Yoga Science and Philosophy, Allahabad:||INR 2o,or to INR 40,000+|
|Lakulish Yoga University, Gujarat:||INR 40,000 to INR 1,00,000|
|Atma Darshan Yogashram, Bangalore||INR 30,000 to INR 80,000+|
If you have any suggestions regarding this article then you can leave your suggestion in the comment box.
FAQs on Yoga Instructor Courses
What factors do I consider before choosing a yoga instructor course?
Important factors such as certification recognition, curriculum, teaching style, faculty, certificate recognition, reviews, etc. must be taken into consideration before applying.
What are the average fees for yoga instructor courses in India?
The average fees for a yoga instructor course in India range between INR 20,000 to INR 1,00,000 or more.
Are online courses for Yoga instructors sufficient?
Yes, but make sure that the course is reputable and involves practical training and hands-on experience.
Do I need prior knowledge of Yoga for enrolling in a yoga course?
No, you do not need prior knowledge of Yoga for enrolling in a yoga course.
How long does it take to complete a yoga instructor course?
It can take a few months to 1-2 years to complete, depending upon the type of course you opt for.