Introduction of Computer Engineering
Do you know what Computer Engineering is? If not then you should definitely read this article because in this article we will learn about all the things related to Computer Engineering. This word is the compound of two words (Computer + Science + Engineering). Where Computer Science is a subject in which all information related to Computers is provided. At the same time, engineering means the work related to tools in which hardware is used. By using such technology, we can make our tasks easier.
It has many Branches such as Civil, Electrical, Electronics, and Computer, etc. As we all know that our civilization is now speeding towards computerization and modernization where we can use them in many tasks like social, professional, occupational, defense. Computer science and engineering is a very good discipline of engineering courses where more attention is given to the practical and scientific approach of an application. Since you want to study this course right now, so I thought why not provide all the information related to this course to you people, so that you will get an opportunity to understand it in advance. So without delay let’s start and know about what is Computer Science Engineering.
This word is made up of two words Computer + Engineering. In which computer is a discipline that deals with computers and networking, whereas engineering is related to computer hardware. This subject is the intersection of Computer Science and Electrical Engineering. Computer Engineers are called Engineers who have received specific training in both hardware and software. In these courses, engineers make some products in which knowledge of both hardware and software is used. For example mobile phones, play stations, computers, and video games. All these appliances are becoming very popular in the last few years. Hence the demand for this field is increasing very fast.
Some fields which are very unique for this field are very large Scale Integrated (VLSI) systems, for computing hardware and they are very essential components for computers such as memories and electronic circuitry, as well as analog. circuits and digital hardware too.
Quick View of the program
|Name of Program||Computer Engineering (CE)|
|Minimum Qualification||High School Pass (10th)|
|Main Work||Work With Computer|
|Minimum Duration of Course after 10th||5 Years|
|Examinations to Be Attended||Polytechnic Entrance Exam, JEE MAIN, GATE|
|Salary||2.5 Lakhs to 5 Lakhs annual|
Who is India’s First Computer Engineer?
Vijay Pandurang Bhatkar was born on 11 October 1946. You can also consider him a computer scientist, IT leader, and educationalist. But what he is known for the most is his contribution to making Supercomputer. Yes, friends, they have made a huge contribution to India’s first supercomputer PARAM.
How to Become
This question often comes to the minds of people, what is the eligibility criteria for this Course. Let’s know about this. Here I have explained some basic eligibility criteria for various diploma, undergraduate and postgraduate courses:
- After completion of the 10th standard, you become eligible to do diploma courses.
- Whereas after completion of the 12th standard you are fully eligible to join any UG (B.Tech) program.
- To enter the field of Computer Science & Engineering, you have to do either diploma or UG, mathematics and science have to be compulsory and that too in qualifying examination.
- Similarly, to join PG (M.Tech) program, B.Tech in Computer Science & Engineering is a must.
- In the same way, it is very important to have M.Tech or B.Tech Degree to do a Ph.D. Program (Computer Science).
- Engineering Mathematics – I
- Engineering Mathematics – II
- Engineering Physics
- Engineering Physics Lab
- Programming in C and Data structures
- Computer Programming Laboratory
- Computer-Aided Engineering Drawing
- Elements of Mechanical Engineering
- Basic Electrical Engineering
- Basic Electronics
- Constitution of India and Professional Ethics Environmental Studies
- Engineering Chemistry Lab
- Engineering Chemistry
- Workshop Practice
- Elements of Civil Engineering & Engineering
Courses After 12th in Computer Science & Engineering
The academic criterion of Computer Science & Engineering is divided into three courses/programs, some of which are as follows:
- Diploma courses in which a polytechnic diploma has to be done, which is of 3 years duration.
- UG courses in which B.Tech (Bachelor of Technology) degree is to be done and which is of 4 years duration.
- PG courses in which M.Tech (Master of Technology) degree is to be done and which is of 2 years duration.
Apart from this, there is an even higher education which is the Ph.D. (Doctor of Philosophy) degree, in which the advanced level of this course is given more attention along with research.
What are all Courses in Computer Science & Engineering?
Diploma in Computer Science and Technology
Diploma in Computer Science and Engineering
Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) in Computer Engineering
Master of Engineering (ME/M.Tech) in Computer Engineering
Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Networking
Master of Philosophy (M.Phill) in Computer Science and Engineering
Some other important specialization subjects in Computer Science & Engineering specialization.
Computer architecture and organization
Foundations of Computer Systems
Java Programming and Website Design
E-Commerce & ERP and Multimedia Applications
Let’s know about all the Skills required for this Course.
They should have Ability for Team Work.
Should have the capacity to work long hours.
Must be logical and systematic
Patience is very important.
Must have an analytical mind
What Employment Opportunities Do Candidates Have After Doing Computer Engineering?
Once you have done this Course, then often people ask what Employment Opportunities do Applicants have after doing Courses. So let’s know about some such jobs which any candidate of this course can opt for.
- Firms installing business systems.
- Advertising & Mass Communication
- Research Labs
- Computer & Technology manufacturers
- Digital Consulting firms
- Semiconductor companies
- Armed Forces
- Educational Institutions
- Business Enterprises
Salary ₹254k – ₹1m
Bonus ₹8k – ₹199k
Profit-Sharing ₹976 – ₹443k
Commission ₹2k – ₹146k
Total Pay ₹270k – ₹1m
Popular Employer Salaries for Software Engineer
Tata Consultancy Services Limited – ₹438k
HCL Technologies Ltd – ₹378k
Accenture Technology Solutions – ₹448k
Tech Mahindra Ltd – ₹372k
Capgemini – ₹324k
Accenture – ₹442k
Cisco Systems Inc – ₹1m
Infosys Limited – ₹412k
If you have any suggestions regarding this article then you can leave your suggestions in the comments box.