The State Council of Educational Research and Training, Punjab (SCERT, Punjab) conducts the Punjab State Eligibility Test for students interested in becoming Assistant Professors or JRFs (Junior Research Fellowships) in Punjab state colleges and universities. Every year, a large number of applicants appear and apply for the same.
Punjab SET, also known as the Punjab State Eligibility Test, is a test offered by the Punjab Government Institution in order to recruit competent and hardworking applicants for Assistant Professor positions in Punjab’s colleges and universities or to offer them a JRF (Junior Research Fellowship).
Candidates who want to work as Assistant Professors in Punjab State’s schools and colleges can apply for the Punjab SET Exam online by visiting the official website. You may get complete information about Punjab SET crucial dates, application form, eligibility criteria, and admission procedure on this page.
Punjab SET 2021 Important Dates
Applicants who intend to take this examination can visit the official website for relevant dates and information.
|Release Date of Online Application||4th week of April 2021|
|Last date for Submit Application form||4th week of July 2021|
|Last date for Submission of Payment of Fee||4th week of July 2021|
|Edit date for online Application Form||4th week of August 2021|
|Availability of Admit card||1st week of August 2021|
|Entrance Examination date||1st week of August 2021|
|Release of Provisional key||2nd week of August 2021|
|Last Date for the objection of Answer key||2nd week of August 2021|
|Publishing of Final Answer key||3rd week of August 2021|
|Declaration of Exam Result||4th week of August 2021|
Punjab SET 2021 Application form
To apply for a position as an Assistant Professor at a Punjab State college, candidates can fill out a Punjab SET Application Form on the official website (http://www.ssapunjab.org/scert/). Students must first go to the Punjab State Organization’s official website to apply for the Punjab SET Examination in an online format and to get a job as an Assistant Professor in Punjab State’s schools and colleges. After the first candidate has completed the registration process, they will be given a registration id and a login password. The technique is outlined below.
Application fee for Punjab SET 2021
The registration fee is paid online using a Challan, internet banking, debit card, or credit card, among other options.
Here are steps to fill the form:
- The application form for the Punjab SET will be available on the official website.
- Students interested in a bright future can apply for the Punjab SET online form by visiting the official website.
- Fill out the Application Form by following the steps outlined below.
- Go to the Punjab State’s official website.
- You must register them by filling out the required fields with the required information.
- After completing the registration process, go to the official web page and click on the “Apply here for Punjab SET Exam” link.
- Make payments for your registration fees via the internet.
- After filling out all of the information on the Form, you must submit it, and they must print it for future reference.
Punjab SET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
- Those individuals must apply during this test in order to become professors at Punjab state colleges and universities; they will apply based on their Eligibility Criteria, which are listed below.
- Applicants who have received a minimum of 55 percent (without rounding off) in a Master’s Degree OR equivalent examination in Humanities (including languages), Science, Computer Science & Applications, Electronic Science, and related fields from universities/institutions recognized by the UGC will be considered for this test.
- Candidates from other Backward Classes (OBC) belonging to the non-creamy layer/Scheduled Caste(SC)/Scheduled Tribe(ST)/PWD class must have a minimum of 50% (without rounding off) in a Master’s degree or equivalent examination to be eligible for this test.
- Those who are taking the Master’s degree (final year) exams may also apply at this time.
Punjab SET 2021 Exam Pattern
- Paper 1: Teaching and Research Capabilities
- The individual subjects will be the focus of Papers 2 and 3.
- The SET will be administered in an objective style.
- Three papers can be included in the test.
- To assess the candidates’ overall competence, there will be one common paper (Paper-I) for all, which will comprise sixty two-mark questions and the candidates will only answer fifty of them.
- The theme of the second and third papers will be the same.
- The second paper may include fifty-two-mark compulsory questions.
- There will be seventy-five two-mark compulsory questions on the third paper.
Punjab SET 2021 Syllabus
The Punjab SET syllabus will be the same as the information for the UGC net Examination, and it is a national-level admission exam. Students should use the information from the UGC net exam to better grasp the subjects.
Punjab SET 2021 Admit Card
The Punjab SET Admit Card will be provided to those who have successfully filed their Application Form 10 or 15 days before the examination. The admit card is a mandatory document that candidates must bring to the examination centre along with the other essential documents. Students who do not have an Admit Card will be denied entry to the examination hall.
Punjab SET 2021 Result
The Punjab SET Result will be announced on the department’s official website. Those who have taken the Punjab SET Examination can see their results via the internet. After the answer key session, the result will be announced, and applicants will be entitled to apply for Assistant Professor positions or JRF (Junior Research Fellowship) positions in Punjab state colleges and universities based on their exam scores.
Punjab SET 2021 Merit List
The official department will determine the Punjab SET Merit List marks based on a variety of elements, including the results of the examination. The merit list will be released shortly after the results are released, and you can check it online while sitting at home. The names of those candidates who pass this exam and are hired for this position will be listed in the merit list. The merit list has yet to be given a specific date, although it will be revealed shortly after the results are announced. The merit list will be constructed with the cut-off marks in mind, which may be seen on the official website.
Punjab SET 2021 Counseling
The counseling will be done solely over the phone. In the counseling phase, selected applicants from the merit list will be contacted. For counseling, aspirants must bring their original documents. The selected candidate will be assigned a seat after the original documents have been verified and the cost has been paid. Aspirants will receive a seat confirmation letter after the counseling procedure is completed. Candidates must report to their designated institutes with a seat assignment letter.
If you have any suggestions regarding this article then you can leave your suggestion in the comment box.