The West Bengal State Eligibility Test (WB SET) is an entrance exam administered by the West Bengal College Service Commission (WBCS) for the recruitment of Assistant Professors in West Bengal’s universities and colleges. The notification for WB SET has been released on August 16, 2022.
Exam professionals have curated a detailed West Bengal SET Preparation Plan for applicants. For both Paper 1 and Paper 2, consult the list of WBSET Books 2022. Downloading WBSET Question Papers is always recommended for regular practice and a better understanding of the upcoming exam.
The WB SET consists of two papers, each of which must be passed with a certain percentage to be considered for an assistant professor position. Learn about the WB SET 2022 Eligibility Requirements, registration form, previous year cutoffs for each subject, admit card, and other exam details.
WB SET 2022 Important Dates
Applicants who are taking the exams should be aware of the vital dates. The relevant link is provided below.
|Release Date of Online Application||August 2022|
|Last date for Submitting the Application form||September 2022|
|Last date for Submission of Payment of Fee||September 2022|
|Edit date for online Application Form||–|
|Availability of Admit card||Announced Soon|
|Entrance Examination date||January 2022|
|Release of Provisional key||2nd week of January 2022|
|Last Date for the objection of Answer key||2nd week of January 2022|
|Publishing of Final Answer key||3rd week of February 2022|
|Declaration of Exam Result||4th week of February 2022|
WB SET 2022 Application form
The West Bengal SET Registration Form has been available from August 2022 until September 2022, and candidates interested in Assistant Professor Vacancies in West Bengal Colleges can apply in the WB SET examination by filling out the Online Application form. Aspirants can fill out and submit the Application Form by following a simple procedure.
The WB SET Application Fee can be paid online (via credit card, debit card, or internet banking) or offline (via check) (e-challan).
In the case of an e-challan, the fee can be paid at any United Bank of India branch.
Applicants must pay the service tax in addition to the bank charges.
Once an aspirant has made a deposit, the fee is non-refundable.
- General Rs. 1000/-
- OBC Rs. 500/-
- SC/ST Rs. 250/-
Here are steps to fill the form:
Step 1: Go to the WB SET official website and click on the ‘Apply Now’ tab.
Step 2: Register for the WB SET by providing basic information like your phone number, name, and birth date.
Step 3: A registration number will be sent to your registered mobile number and email address.
Step 4: Continue or log in to complete the WB SET application process.
Step 5: Provide any additional pertinent information, such as educational qualifications, personal information, communication address, and other pertinent information.
Step 6: Add your photo, signature, and other documents to your account.
Step 7: Last but not least, pay the WB SET application fee.
Step 8: Print the registration form for future reference.
WB SET 2022 Eligibility Criteria
The following are the WBSET eligibility requirements:
- You must have received a minimum of 55 percent in your Master’s degree from a UGC-accredited university or institution.
- If you are an OBC/EWS/SC/ST/PWD/Transgender person, you must have received at least 50% in your Master or equivalent exam.
- Students in their final year are also eligible to apply for the WB SET.
If you have a Ph.D. and your Master’s degree was completed before September 19, 1991 (regardless of the date of result announcement), you will be given a 5% aggregate mark relaxation.
- You can only apply for WB SET in the subject in which you completed your master’s degree.
- Candidates who passed the UGC/CSIR JRF exam prior to 1989 are exempt from taking the WB SET 2022.
WB SET 2022 Exam Pattern
It is critical to be aware of the exam pattern ahead of time so that candidates can prepare more effectively. Aspirants can check the exam pattern for WB SET by looking at the information below:
- Papers in the WB SET: There are two papers in the WB SET.
- Number of Questions: The question paper contains 150 questions.
- Type of Question: The nature of questions in the paper will be objective in nature.
- Marking Scheme: Each correct answer will receive two points, and there will be no negative marking for incorrect answers.
WB SET 2022 Syllabus
All candidates will follow the same WB SET Syllabus for Paper I. The WB TET General syllabus is available at the link below.
WB SET 2022 Admit Card
The WB SET admit card 2022 can be downloaded from the official website. The following are the details about the WB State Eligibility Test admit card:
The Admit Card Link will be Activated Here.
- The hall ticket is at www.wbcsconline.in, the WBCSC’s official website.
- No, no one will receive an admit card/Hall ticket in the mail.
- Without the WB SET admit card 2022, applicants will not be allowed to enter the examination center.
- For future use, obtain a xerox of the Admission Ticket.
- On the day of the examination, candidates must bring a photo ID card as well as the WB SET admit card 2022.
WB SET 2022 Result
- WBCSC will announce the WB SET result 2022 on its official website after displaying the answer key.
- To view their results, candidates must enter their login credentials.
- Following the reservation policy of the Government of West Bengal, the top 6% of the candidates who appear in both papers and obtain at least 40% aggregate marks (for General category) and 35% aggregate marks (for SC/ST/OBC-Non-Creamy Layer)/EWS/PWD/Transgender) will be declared qualified for Assistant Professor eligibility.
WB SET 2022 Counselling
WB SET counseling will begin after the results are released in July 2022. Major institutions will release seats online based on the courses they offer. Only candidates who receive a rank in the WB SET and those candidates will be eligible to participate in the WB SET counseling.
During the counseling round, candidates will have shown and verified their documents in preparation for the document verification process. Candidates must travel to the designated institute to complete the admissions process.
If you have any suggestions regarding this article then you can leave your suggestion in the comment box.