In India, a job in the sports sector can be quite lucrative. Candidates who are interested in sports and fitness typically yearn for good academic programs that will enable them to pursue a profession in the field. Bachelor of Physical Education, or B.P.Ed (Bachelor of Physical Education) is an undergraduate-level program in sport and physical activity.
The focus of the program is on one’s physical and mental health and fitness. It openly highlights the benefits of sports and physical activities for improving overall health in everyday life. Because the global sports sector is growing at a quick pace and is valued at USD 620 billion, the B.P.Ed Course is a smart career option.
The Indian sports industry is expected to develop at an annual rate of 18 percent till 2022, creating a plethora of job prospects for B.P.Ed (Bachelor of Physical Education) graduates. Sports trainers and coaches now have more job prospects thanks to government projects like Khelo India.
What are the skills required for a B.P.Ed.?
Prospective applicants who want to enroll in B.P.Ed. must acquire a number of abilities in order to easily adjust to the program and do well both academically and in the real world.
- Applicants seeking admission to the B.P.Ed (Bachelor of Physical Education) program must be physically capable of participating in athletic activities. To perform ethically as an athlete, he or she must understand the sport’s laws and regulations.
- Applicants must be able to adapt to the rules of the sport they are participating in. He or she must be able to function in a sporting setting that is appropriate for them.
- Applicants in the B.P.Ed program must be able to stay organized and focused. To keep active and participate in numerous sporting activities, they must eat a well-balanced diet.
- In order to become a proficient player, one must be focused and set a goal for daily practice.
- If you want to pursue a B.P.Ed., you’ll need to be a good decision-maker. To win a game, one must devise a strategy and make critical decisions in order to avoid game sports disputes.
B.P.Ed. Application Process
The application process for B.P.Ed (Bachelor of Physical Education) enrollment differs from university to university and from institution to institution. Several colleges offer admissions based on 10+2 grades; students who studied physical education in 10th grade are also preferred.
Several institutions provide admission to students based on their achievement in an entrance exam administered by the university or by national and state authorities.
Individuals may make an application directly by visiting the college, filling out the admission form with relevant documents, and submitting it via offline mode.
Applicants may also apply by visiting the college’s official website, filling out the application form, and uploading the necessary documentation in the format specified. The payment of the registration fee is also necessary at the time of application.
B.P.Ed (Bachelor of Physical Education) Eligibility Criteria
Applicants interested in enrolling in the program must complete the following requirements. Acknowledge that the program is available for varying lengths of time, and that qualification varies based on the course length.
- Applicants who have passed their 10+2 examinations with a minimum of 50% from any recognized board are qualified for a 3- to a 4-year program. The number changes depending on the college. In rare circumstances, the minimum grade in the 12th grade can be as high as 60%.
- Applicants must be at least 17 years old to be considered for admission to the 3 to 4-year programs.
- Applicants who have earned a bachelor’s degree from a recognized college or university with a minimum score of 50% are qualified for 1- or 2-year courses. From one institution to the next, the required minimal percent may differ. In rare circumstances, the minimal number can be as high as 60% or higher.
- Applicants must be between the ages of 19 and 25 to be admitted to the 1 to a 2-year program.
- Both male and female students are eligible for admission to the 1-2 year study, but certain universities favor male applicants.
B.P.Ed (Bachelor of Physical Education) Scope
Students of the course have the option of continuing their education in addition to pursuing employment. Any such course can be chosen according to one’s preferences. This provides them with better work opportunities and a more promising career. There are numerous doctorate courses available in the field of physical education. A few of these courses are addressed more below:
- M.P.Ed: The Masters of Physical Education (M.P.Ed) is a two-year post-graduate degree program that allows you to broaden your expertise in the subject of Physical Education. To be admitted to this degree, you must also have a minimum of 50 percent -60 percent marks in the B.P.Ed course. The annual tuition for this training ranges from INR 10,000 to INR 2 Lakhs.
- M.Phil (Physical Education): A Master of Philosophy in Physical Education is a 1-2 year program. After finishing this program, you can expect to earn between INR 3-5 Lakhs per year.
If you have any suggestions regarding this article then you can leave your suggestion in the comment box.