What exactly is BAMS?
After completing Class 12, candidates who want to pursue a career in healthcare can enroll in the Bachelor of Ayurveda Medicine and Surgery (BAMS). BAMS is an undergraduate medical curriculum in India that is based on the Ayurvedic ancient healing practices of Ayurveda.
The BAMS degree covers all aspects of ‘Ashtanga Ayurveda,’ as well as scientific developments in medical advances and thorough practical instruction. The Central Council of Indian Medicine (CCIM) is the governing organization for admission to Ayurvedic education at both the undergraduate and postgraduate levels, as well as the practice of Ayurvedic medicine in India.
Admission to BAMS courses will be given based on the results of the NEET exam. Aside from that, applicants must meet certain BAMS qualifying criteria as defined by the authority.
The BAMS syllabus and curriculum are consistent across the country, and entrance to BAMS courses is limited to Ayurvedic colleges associated with individual institutions and approved by the Union Government of India’s Directorate of AYUSH.
Entrance to BAMS (Bachelor of Ayurveda Medicine and Surgery)
Admissions to BAMS courses will be granted based on the NEET-UG score and rank. As a result, applicants must pass the National Eligibility Examination (NEET) administered by the National Testing Agency (NTA). The AYUSH Admissions Central Counseling Committee is critical in the process of allocating seats in Ayurveda, Yoga, Naturopathy, Siddha, and Homeopathy colleges.
However, NTA is only accountable for implementing NEET and compiling the merit list. Entrance to BAMS will be handled through a state-by-state counseling process. For the BAMS admission procedure, each state will produce its state merit rank based on the NEET merit list, for which applicants must fill out a registration form.
BAMS Eligibility Criteria
Those who’ve been intending to take the exam will be able to do so. There are several terms and conditions among the eligibility criteria, such as an age limit, required marks, and others.
- Before registering for the test, applicants must be aware of the BAMS 2022 Eligibility Requirements.
- Applicants will be admitted to BAMS based on their achievement in the 12th grade or a similar exam, with minimal marks that vary by college.
- To be admitted to college, they must be 18 years old.
- They must have completed their 12th grade with Physics, Biology, and Chemistry as their primary subjects.
Scope of BAMS (Bachelor of Ayurveda Medicine and Surgery)
BAMS, as a broad field in Ayurveda, provides individuals with a wide range of opportunities. BAMS graduates can begin their medical careers as Ayurveda doctors or pursue Ph.D. and MD programs in Ayurveda.
With the rise of numerous serious health concerns and the limits of allopathy, Ayurveda has evolved as an alternative. As a result, BAMS as a medical course is getting more popular not only in India but throughout the world.
With nearly no adverse effects, Ayurveda is becoming increasingly popular among people all over the world. Patients experiencing behavioral disorders seek aid from traditional healers, indicating the increased demand for BAMS doctors.
Benefits of BAMS (Bachelor of Ayurveda Medicine and Surgery)
The following are the benefits of taking the BAMS Course:
- Students who complete the BAMS Course can work in government agencies and clinics. The salaries in these government jobs are the same as those of doctors.
- The Indian government permits BAMS graduates to open their Ayurvedic pharmacy or clinic.
- After finishing the BAMS program, applicants can pursue a Ph.D. or MD in Ayurveda or similar subjects and work at prominent ayurvedic companies such as Himalaya.
- Ayurvedic knowledge taught to BAMS graduates leads to a healthy lifestyle in addition to employment options and prospects.
Salary for BAMS
- BAMS students earn between INR 4,00,000 and INR 12,00,000 per year.
- BAMS graduates are well compensated in government organizations, however, in the private sector, the remuneration of BAMS graduates varies by employer and ranges from INR 4,00,000 to INR 8,00,000.
- Salary is determined by one’s talents, experience in the sector, job description, and so on.
During counseling, a seat allocation will take place, and the applicant will be allotted a seat based on merit. BAMS counseling will take place after the completion of registration, as this is a critical step in the process; if they do not register, they will be unable to participate in any of the counseling rounds.
Counseling procedures will be carried out online. Their admission would be determined by their NEET scores. Individuals will be able to prioritize their programs and colleges after finishing the registration procedure.
Applicants must select their top three choices in order of preference. Following the release of the results, the students who have been shortlisted are invited to the admissions process. They must submit all required documentation and qualifications to the counseling facility to be scrutinized.
If you have any suggestions regarding this article then you can leave your suggestion in the comment box.